Marketing on the Move
If time is money, then efficiency is like a savings account. The less time you waste, the more time you can devote to tasks that generate income. With that in mind, here are some tips to help you make the most of every day.
- Get mobile. With today’s phones, you should be able to do nearly everything that you can do on your computer on your phone or tablet. Use a program like Dropbox or Google Drive to save your projects to the cloud so you can jump in or forward documents from anywhere.
- Frontload your social. A social media management tool like Hootsuite or Buffer will allow you to preschedule your posts days in advance. Rather than popping in and out of platforms multiple times each day for different clients, you can do them all at once.
- Project success. Get your team set up with a good project management app like Trello or Basecamp. Each team member can log in and upload their progress, drafts, deadlines and more. No more constant emails to your team asking for status updates.
- Make connections. Productivity app Zapier helps your apps communicate, so docs automatically appear where you need them, regardless of how they arrive on your device. The platform works with over 1,000 apps and requires no coding, making it easy to use.
- Plan productivity. Get a time tracker app like Toggl or Timely and make it a habit to plan each day. Doing this before you leave the office every night will help you jump right in the next day. Schedule your priority tasks, appointments, exercise and other necessities. Block out uninterrupted time to focus on big projects. Refer back to your schedule when you get off track. Seeing your agenda laid out in front of you will help keep you on track.